Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fatai change it all!

Hurry, hurry back home, love..
Hurry back to Rotorua,
To the mountains and the valleys,


Hurry home to me.


I know i know, 
You have to go,
Please hurry back home, love,
I miss you so....


The above is a Maori song also known as Pokarekare, made famous by Rolf Harris. This song is my lullaby as my dad use to sing me to sleep. Well, it didn't really work as a sleep aid as I won't sleep when there is good music.

It has been a long time ago before I heard this song again. This time, its a female version.
I'm not the kind of girl to listen to lyrics but more to the techniques and uniqueness of the voice. And i'm telling you, Its FREAKING Good.




              Singing the cover to this song is a eighteen years old whom i mistaken as she is in her late 20's, holding just a guitar and with her special husky yet sexy voice, Fatai Veamatahau worked this song like wonder.

Instantly, I fell in love with her... VOICE, of course. 

Using mixed voice singing style, she combined both her powerful chest register with open throat style, which created airy texture. When she moves toward head voice during higher pitch, she just hit that note off the wall without fail by maintaining her dynamic. Its effortless.This give me such a rush every time she hits her high notes.


Emerging from The Voice Australia, she make it to the semi final, on episode 14. In my opinion, she smashed every songs, capture every moment, just one thing mssing - luck. That is by far the most possible thing I can think of when she got eliminated.




This is a recent video Fatai cover on Sia's Chandelier. A meaningful song is sang to a whole new style and variations.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLJQ5gTtT-g


                Make sure to check her out!

Resorces from google

2 comments:

  1. Woah. Research on her? I love her voice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, high five! yeah, watched a few episodes of The Voice Aussie...

      Delete