Saturday, October 4, 2014

Piano and Me


Piano had been my companion since the age of 10. I'm no Beethoven, it took me 8 years to complete my Grade 8 exam and Grade 6 Theory.
I stopped piano when I turned 17. SPM exam was my excuses. Giving up is the truth. I'm bad at accepting the truth that I'm not good at piano. So, instead of practicing, I quit.
I regain my enthusiasm when i meet a girl, a girl that love piano as well and make me realize its okay to be bad. I earn it the hard way, through hard work, instead of mere talent. That's not cool, I need to practice 10 times more finger work than those talented ones.

"Hey, do not play to impress, play to be happy. Play and feel."
"You can one lah, I'll hit you if 'cannot' is your answer."
" If you say you can, you can."
These encouragements pays off.
These keeps me alive in music.
I guess motivations beat mere talent.

Recently, I doubt if I am good at it. I have quite a number of feedback from my dad, not the good ones though. Those words prick through my heart and it hurts.
Hurt heals eventually. I earn hard for the praise and the nice music. Even if it means I'll have to learn up 1 piece in 1 year duration. I'll do it. Because the perfection in a piece is the start of a new confident to play more and more pieces perfectly.

There are no stopping if you still have determination on things you love.
 Tell yourself to keep trying.
Practice makes perfect and that quotes certainly did work in the music world.

You need feelings to make music.
Its okay to fall, musician always do.
But never give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment